As we monitor and prepare for Hurricane Florence, here are some resources for you:
- How to Prepare for a Hurricane
- How to Build An Emergency Survival Kit
- Make sure you have your policy number handy, know who your insurance carrier is and have their contact information readily available. View our list of Claims Contact Information. It will save you a step by calling the carrier directly with your policy information. We’re always here for you, too!
What to Do In The Event of A Claim
- Tend to people first. Make sure everyone is safe, get medical attention to those who need it and go somewhere safe if you are in danger.
- Report to authorities when needed (fires, broken gas lines, crimes, etc.).
- Do what you can to protect property from further damage as long as you don’t expose yourself to possible injury.
- Make emergency repairs and, if possible, take photos of damage before the repairs were made.
- Contact your insurance company to report the loss and feel free to call Middle Peninsula if you need further assistance. Keep both phone numbers easily accessible.
- Keep records of all expenses.
- Do not authorize non-emergency repairs until we at Middle Peninsula or the claims adjuster has given you the authority to do so.
Don’t worry and stay safe! Middle Peninsula will be there every step of the way to help you through the process.